Tuesday 29 November 2016

A cold and frosty start!

The traffic going home from town was horrendous last night and it took us nearly an hour to do a 25 minute journey...not good!

We took both Sophie and Mike in this morning and again, we were in the car well over an hour. The sun has made an appearance again today and it makes driving quite hard because of how low it is in the winter.


Abington Park on a cold and frosty morning

We returned home, had a quick breakfast and then went over to see my Mum who has not been feeling well since Sunday afternoon. She was glad to see us as she felt a bit faint and dizzy, probably due to not eating anything since the weekend. I made her a cup of sweet tea and we sat with her for half an hour until she felt better.

I made her promise to sit and do nothing until my Dad returned from being at the flying field (he had no choice but to go today) and then we went home where I cleaned the house for three hours. I'd been putting it off over the weekend but as we didn't have to go and pick the kids up until 4.30pm it gave me a window of opportunity! The house did look a lot better when I'd finished so that was good!

We went a different way home tonight from town and halved our journey time. Keith was out in the evening to a football match but it was still very cold and frosty so he was worried the match would be called off at the last minute because of a frozen pitch.

He went off when I was in the middle of making Pasta Carbonara for dinner and we received a big surprise when he came back just as we were sitting down to watch a film! Indeed, the pitch was still frozen, so no football tonight!

No comments: