Sunday 13 November 2016

Back to normal!

Today dawned bright and sunny but I wasn't able to get out and enjoy the weather as I had housework to do and a bookshelf to move! Ian is coming over tomorrow to put us a double plug point on the landing so we can have a table and a lamp there to brighten the space a bit. Keith and I pulled our chest of drawers in the bedroom out, hoovered and dusted behind it and then did the same with the bookshelf on the landing.

We managed to find room for the books we wanted to keep and we had a big bag full of others that we didn't need any more. On our way to get the Sunday newspapers we took them to the old telephone kiosk in Holcot which is used as a bookswap. Hopefully other people will enjoy them!

I cleaned the house and then it was time to collect my Mum and go and see my Dad again. We fervently hoped that he was better! The car park of the hospital was empty and we had to contact someone to let us in which was surprising. My Dad is at a small hospital called Woodlands just outside Kettering and I had expected today to be the busiest but it looks like they send everyone home at the weekend!

Thankfully, he was a lot better and almost back to his old self, which was a huge relief for us. He said he felt very strange the day before and kept seeing people that weren't really there! We stayed until 3.30pm and then I took Mum home where she made me a cup of tea. She had a lovely table she didn't want any more and a mirror so next week I'll call back with Keith and take them off her hands.

Although I'd invited her around for dinner, she said she would be fine at home now she knew my Dad was better. We had a lovely cup of tea and a slice of cake and then it was time to go home, in the gathering dusk. There was a beautiful sunset tonight and it was very pleasant driving home and seeing the sky change before my eyes.

Mike was out tonight so there was just the three of us for dinner and it was heavenly to relax and sip a glass of wine while Keith cooked!

No comments: