Tuesday 22 November 2016

Mooching about!

After dropping Sophie off at uni this morning Keith and I drove to B&Q to have a look at paint colours. The large store on the outskirts of Northampton has recently been changed around and we couldn't find anything in there!

Keith went to look at loo fittings (our loos are still making a terrible noise) while I wandered over to the paint section. The choice of colours was staggering! I wanted Dulux's "Light and Space" range as the paint is for our dark landing but they only offered the colours in a matt finish which I don't like.

Looking at all the choice only made me more confused so I took a couple of colour charts from Dulux and B&Q's own brand and Keith and I went to look at the plumbing section which was riveting! We also looked at hand rails for the stairs as the one we have at the moment is ugly. We saw a metal rail that would look great and I made a note of the length we would need for our stairs.

From B&Q we walked over to the brand new Lidl opposite, and had a mooch about as Keith wanted to buy a couple of new frying pans. We spotted two we liked, a small one for eggs and a larger one for when we brown mince, so Keith bought both of them. The aroma of baked breakfast goods was delicious when we entered the store so we wandered over to have a look at what was on offer but I fancied something savoury this morning and they only had sweet stuff or cheesy pastries so we decided to head home and have breakfast there.

Today has been gloomy and overcast and I'll really be glad when the sun makes an appearance again! I think the end of the week is forecast to be cold and clear but there's no sign of the white stuff yet!


No comments: