Friday 11 November 2016

Phew! It's Friday...or is it?

This morning felt like a Thursday as we dropped the kids off at their respective learning centres and then went and did our shopping. I bought some more bird feed as the weather is certainly much colder now and the food disappears fast when I put it out in the garden. We have a crowd of starlings that bicker and fight all the time, plus lots of sparrows and our resident robin who perches on a hanging basket bracket and stares at me when I'm on my computer!

Cheryl is still about and very busy burying nuts to keep her going over the winter! I bought a big bag of peanuts and a tub of fat snax so that should keep them going for a few days! We did our shopping and went home to have lunch before it was time to collect my Mum and go and visit my Dad in hospital.

Today has been glorious weather with clear blue skies and lots of sunshine. My Dad was very groggy still, from the anaesthetic he had yesterday (an epidural) so we only stayed for half an hour before going back to my Mum's for a cup of tea. We had a good chat over a cup of tea and then I returned home via the scenic route which was a lot more pleasant than the busy A43!

After picking Sophie up from uni Keith and I went out for a drink at The Griffin at Pitsford as we heard it had re-opened under new management. The last time we were here was last summer and although the pub had new owners not much else had changed.

Keith and I had a very pleasant drink for an hour and a half and we were delighted to find that when we returned home, Sophie had cooked dinner, which was lovely. Keith disappeared upstairs after we'd eaten to watch the England-Scotland game while Sophie and I watched the film, Basic Instinct, which Sophie did not enjoy!

No comments: