Monday 14 November 2016

An unexpected treat!

My Dad was due to leave hospital today but before he could come out he needed to have an X-ray on his knee. Mum called to say that he was waiting to go down and that as soon as he was ready she would call me.

Ian came over this morning and together with Keith, he installed a double plug socket on the landing. Mum had shown me a small table she no longer needed and a mirror so that will be the start of the transformation of the landing space which will no longer be gloomy and dark!

We eventually went to get Dad at midday and when we arrived he was all ready to go home. He looked a little pale but he was fully back to normal and, as you can imagine, his weird behaviour on Saturday was the main topic of conversation! I hope he's never like that again! He told us of some more strange dreams he had and seems to have remembered what he was like, which I found surprising. I honestly thought he would have no recollection of what happened to him at all!

I dropped Mum and Dad off at their house and then had some lunch at home before picking up Sophie from uni. Mike had called me to ask whether he could stay with his friends for another night so it was just the three of us again. Keith suggested going to The Lamplighter for dinner and we readily agreed!

We had a lovely evening and the pub was a lot busier than I expected for a Monday night. There was an open Mic event on later but we managed to have two courses before 8pm. We started with garlic bread, both cheesy and plain, and I chose chilli for my main course, while Sophie had a burger. Keith opted for fish and chips...what else? We had a good chat about Berlin and a couple of drinks and it made for a lovely evening out.

Back home, we snuggled up on the sofa and watched "I'm a Celebrity". I wasn't going to watch it this year but already I'm hooked!




No comments: