Monday 29 February 2016

Bonus day!

As it's a Leap year this year we had a bonus day and luckily I spent half of it in the garden, in the sunshine!

Sophie didn't go into university today and we spent a couple of hours in the morning catching up with the Oscars. She thought she'd recorded the whole thing last night (originally she was going to stay up until 5am) but it hadn't worked for some reason. It meant we caught them two hours in but we did see all the big winners and we were delighted to learn that The Revenant won Best Director and Best Actor, which was brilliant.

As the sun was shining outside I decided to cut the lawn. It hasn't rained for a while so the grass was dry, something I doubted I'd ever see again after all the rain we've had this winter. The lawnmower gamely tackled the long grass and when I'd finished it looked so much neater. All the while I was working the little robin sat and watched me from a branch and he got very excited when I started digging and hoeing the borders! I chatted away to him and he cocked his head at me as if he knew what I was saying!

Sophie made me a toastie for lunch and I sat in the sun to enjoy it. As well as the robin, the sparrows were about and waiting for me to to finish so they could resume their constant eating. I cleared out some of my pots and trimmed back some bushes that needed pruning after the winter. Now all we need is some warm and sunny days to do some more work!




No comments: