Friday 19 February 2016

Sad Friday...

All of us were very subdued and sad today and I just couldn't stop crying about Archie. I kept thinking it wasn't him on the road and that it was another cat, but deep down I know he'll never come home.

To make it worse, Sophie was off to Uni today and then was staying for the afternoon and evening with her friends so I wouldn't see her until Saturday evening after work. She was off out to The Lamplighter again and I really wanted her to go and enjoy herself after our sad day yesterday. I took her in at 9.30am and then came home to find Mike also getting ready to go and see Heather.

I took him to Moulton, came back and had a bath, all the time feeling very sad. Every time I went outside I thought I would see Archie trotting down the road and I expect it will be some time before I accept that he has gone.

Keith and I decided to go out and get the newspaper but just as I was getting ready Sophie called to ask me to pick her up as her friends were all in lectures in the afternoon so there was no point in her staying. I was delighted to go and get her and we decided to pop  to Costa Coffee on Riverside where she treated me to a Flat White and a piece of cake.

It was good to get out of the house for a while and we had a nice chat in a very busy Costa. The whole of the retail park was busy, probably because of half -term. Sophie treated herself to some make-up in Boots and then we headed home.

My daughter was collected by her friend Hannah in the early evening and as soon as Keith went to the pub I drove to pick up Mike. The previously beautiful weather that we've had over the last couple of days changed this evening to rain and wind and this is set to continue over the weekend.

Back home I finished off preparing Keith's cottage pie and he came home at 7pm after drinking lime juice and soda in the pub. We took the opportunity of Sophie's absence to watch the latest episode of Vera and throughout most of the night I was in touch with our daughter via Messenger! Definitely not complaining about that!

No comments: