Saturday 27 February 2016

More waiting about!

Sophie didn't have to go into work today so it was bliss to be able to get up and not have to rush off anywhere.

We all pottered about the house in the morning and in the afternoon Sophie and I went off to Tesco in Kettering as she needed to get me a Mother's Day card. On the way we called to see if Mum and Dad were at their new house but we discovered they were in Homebase looking at fireplaces!

We went to Tesco and while Sophie shopped I mooched about the aisles and then got into the slowest queue of all of the checkouts. I am an expert at this and I should really wear a placard on my back warning people not to get into the queue behind me.

I gave up with the queue and inadvertently bumped into Sophie who yelled at me for looking at what she'd bought (I didn't see anything). I then got into another slow queue so as a last resort I went to the self-service checkouts where the till took exception to the bag of walnut pieces I wanted to buy!

Back home we chilled out and I did some ironing before Sophie painted my toe- and fingernails. Bliss!

In the evening Mike went off to a party so we had a late night picking him up to look forward to. Keith volunteered to drive so Sophie and I enjoyed a bottle of red with the Coq au Vin I'd prepared in the morning. The call came at 11.30pm and when we picked our son up he stank of cheap perfume which Heather had sprayed all over him. I don't really want to know why she felt the need to make him smell like that, but all the way home in the car my eyes were watering from the fumes!

No comments: