Tuesday 9 February 2016

Little worries...

Both Sophie and Mike were back at school and university today and after dropping them off Keith and I went over to get some petrol for Jim at Tesco's in Kettering. Although it was quite cold there was a feeling of Spring in the air and a promise of sunny days to come. The clouds cleared leaving a lovely day and it was great to sit in the conservatory and do some studying.

I do feel, however, that this course isn't going to be as straightforward as I thought! It's been 30 years since I did any proper studying and when I did my wine exams (a long time ago!) the answers were of the multiple choice variety so it's been a fair while since I had to write essay type answers, even though at the moment with the course I don't have to write reams and reams. I had a good read through the course and felt a little bit overwhelmed if I'm honest!

I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon pottering about in the house and went to pick up Sophie at 3pm. Back home I had a lovely bath as us girls were due out in the evening to The Lamplighter. Mike was supposed to be going to Army Cadets but he didn't want to go and Keith was off to the football, which, miraculously, was on!

After my bath I didn't really feel like going out into the cold but Keith very kindly dropped us off at the pub and then went on to his football match. Despite my reluctance to go out Sophie and I ended up having a lovely evening with delicious food and a nice chat with the friendly barman. Keith returned to collect us after his football and was pleased to report that Sileby had won 3-1! Amazing!



No comments: