Thursday 4 February 2016

All checked up!

Today has been busy and time has flown. Yet another week is speeding by!

My car was booked in for a service today so I drove Mike to school while Keith took the Audi to Broughton. Thankfully my journey wasn't too bad but I did encounter a tractor on the A43 which slowed us all down to 20 miles an hour. I was in a long line of cars and lorries behind it so there was no chance to overtake at all. Driving at the moment is certainly not a pleasure and last night, on the way to collect Mike from Heather's house, we came across a man jogging, wearing dark clothes with only a light attached to his head. He was wearing headphones which I thought was sheer lunacy and it was lucky I managed to see him and avoid him. What idiot jogs on a dark and busy country road when there must be plenty of opportunities to exercise elsewhere?

I met up with Keith who had walked to the newsagent in Broughton and we returned home to write down our weekly menu. After sitting there looking at each other and trying to think up meals that would please all four of us, we eventually came up with a list of dishes and then went to shower.

We took Sophie into uni a bit early as I had a contact lens check at the Optician's. While I was being seen to, Keith went into Tesco to get our "Tesco" bits rather than go all the way to Kettering like we usually do. My check was fine except for when she said she wanted to peer under my eyelids, which was very uncomfortable. She also squirted some orange dye into my eyes so I had to wear my glasses for the rest of the morning.

We headed to Aldi in Kettering and forgot quite a bit of what we needed! I had forgotten to put sausages down on the list for our toad-in-the-hole tonight and as we were driving home Keith suddenly remembered! We had no choice but to go to Waitrose where Keith treated me to a sandwich and a coffee, despite joking that he was going to sack me from writing out the shopping list!  He went to sit down while I chose the sandwiches and in an attempt to communicate which type I'd chosen - egg and cress - I tried to imitate a chicken by flapping my arms at him. The man in the queue behind me thought that was hilarious (he probably thought I was an escaped lunatic) and Keith thought I'd chosen chicken so had a surprise when I plonked down the eggy ones in front of him!

Once we'd eaten lunch and bought the sausages (free-range ones from very happy pigs) we went home, unpacked all the food and awaited the call from the garage to say my car was ready. Before that happened, though, Sophie asked me to collect her at 4pm rather than 6pm and I was only too happy to oblige. As soon as we arrived home again we had to go out and pick up my car which was ready so today has flown by in a blur of busyness!


No comments: