Friday 12 February 2016

Famous!

Keith went off for a walk this morning and after taking Mike to school I came home and sneakily did the ironing. I say sneakily because this has turned into Keith's job over the years (not that I'm complaining) as he likes to watch whatever sport is on while he's doing it.

I took Sophie into uni at 10am and then sped home to have a bath before Keith arrived home from his walk. While he was showering I made breakfast and then it was time to go and get Sophie again!

My daughter has a terrible cold at the moment, poor thing, so we planned to stay at home in the warm for the rest of the day. It's quite cold at the moment with a nasty wind so it was lovely to bake some banana muffins and keep warm.

Later in the day Sophie received a text message from her friend Daisy to say that her photo was in the local paper! We had a good search and discovered that it was a picture of Sophie in New York with the other students taken outside of Madison Square Gardens! We immediately leapt into the car and drove to Moulton to try and get hold of a copy of The Herald and Post which is mainly delivered to homes for free. Not one newsagent was selling it so we had to admit defeat and come home empty handed.

As a consolation, we ate the still warm banana muffins with a cup of tea and very good they were too! I'm not a fan of bananas raw but I love them barbecued or in yoghurts and milkshakes!

In the evening Keith took himself off to the pub and Sophie watched A Nightmare on Elm Street. It was very scary and although I wasn't really watching it I managed to see all the really gory bits! Not a good idea when I later had to go out into the dark garage to get to our freezer!

No comments: