Wednesday 17 February 2016

Donating

The weather today has been truly awful and it has poured with rain all day and all evening. I went over to Market Harborough with my parents at lunchtime as they were picking out carpets and vinyls for the new house, which they will complete on, on Friday.

We parked in the small car park of the carpet showroom and we were overwhelmed by what choice there was for vinyls. One brochure we picked up was for flooring costing £100 a square metre! The saleslady said it would last 20-30 years for that price. I should think so!

Mum and Dad were able to take a swatch of different colours home with them so we went to park in the town centre and walked to Caffe Nero for lunch. It felt very strange to be there without Sophie! We had sandwiches and coffee and then we had a mooch about the shops before calling to see Duncan before we headed back to the car. He was in fine form and his wife Megan was in the shop with him so we had a good chat. I bought two bottles of wine and a bottle of beer for Keith and then we decided to return home as there was no way we could walk around in the awful weather.

Mum and Dad came in for a cup of tea and then it was time for me to go and get Sophie as we both had an appointment to give blood at 4.30pm. My daughter has been working all day today as it's half-term and with this weather I'm sure they were very busy!

Giving blood was fine and we were out by just after 5pm. We collected Mike from Heather's house and headed home to relax and sip a glass of the Spanish white I'd bought!


No comments: