Tuesday 2 February 2016

Muddy boots!

I dropped Keith off at Pitsford today as he was going to walk some of the Nature Reserve. On the way to the reservoir I envied him but by the time we reached the car park it had started to rain so I was glad I was headed home to do the housework!

I cleaned downstairs and went to pick him up at about 10.30am. He looked extremely muddy as he'd tripped on a tree root while watching two Red Kites! I made him undress in the garage as he was so muddy and I didn't fancy having to hoover all over again!

After picking Sophie up from uni we popped into work to see Maureen and Polly. The new owners haven't started the refurbishment yet but Polly said they were hectically busy over the weekend, which was good news. I'm so glad the place continues to be popular and I have no regrets at all. Maureen gave us both a big hug and said she'd really missed Sophie being at work. She was still working lots of hours and seemed pretty fed up with having no time off. Sophie is back at work this weekend and is doing both days which is a bit of a pain. However, they have advertised for an assistant cook so hopefully Sophie can soon revert back to just doing Sundays.

From work we went to the nail salon as my daughter had an appointment and while she was being seen to I sat in the car and read my Kindle which was very pleasant! When we arrived back home we found that Mike didn't have Army Cadets tonight so we had another night free from driving about! Bliss!

No comments: