Wednesday 10 February 2016

Packed like sardines!

I did some more reading for my course today and had a good chat to Sophie about it. I just need to persevere with the study but I think it's going to take me longer than I imagined to complete and in the meantime I may need to do some voluntary work to help me learn and put things into practice.

At the moment, though, all I really want to do is potter about the house and enjoy the sense of freedom I have. I'd love to win the lottery!

At lunchtime Sophie and I drove over to collect Mum and Dad as we were all off to Ikea in Milton Keynes. We had a bit of a slow journey there, but arrived as hordes of people were descending on the cafe. Dad treated us to the meatballs, mash and green beans and very good they were too!

After lunch we split up and Sophie spotted a bookcase that would look great in her bedroom. She really doesn't have a lot of storage space and is rapidly running out of places to put her vast collection of make-up! We made a note of the aisle number and went on to buy various bits and pieces, including a beautiful new canvas picture for the living room.

In the warehouse area we looked at the flatpack of the bookcase and it was enormous and very long! Before we bought it I made sure that Mum and Sophie could sit in the back of my car with one of the seats laid flat. The picture I'd bought was also long so we had a bit of a task to get that in, let alone a long and heavy box!

We managed it though and I took it very carefully on the way home with the end of the box nestled between myself and Dad! We stopped off in Next so Mum could show us the sofa she's ordered as she's now a little worried that her choice of worktop and cabinets will restrict her when it comes to the colours she wants. We saw a Sage paint and said that she still had lots of shades she could use so I hope we reassured her a little.

It's been another glorious day today but much colder than of late. They're talking about snow again this weekend but I'll believe that when I see it!




No comments: