Friday 5 February 2016

Out for the night

While Keith went for a walk this morning I had a look at the Counselling course I'd signed up for. I was originally going to do four hours a day but the advice was to do 1-2 hours a day. I had a read of the first chapter and it looks very interesting!

After picking Sophie up from uni we popped to Jones's to get some bits we needed and then we headed home as we were due to go and meet Mum and Dad at the showhome later in the afternoon. Sophie was coming with me to advise my Mum of colours and we spent a fair amount of time in the kitchen of the showroom trying to decide what colour sofa they should get for this large area. We also peeped at their new house which is almost finished now.


Showhome kitchen seating area

Dad peering in kitchen cupboards


My Mum and Sophie thought that a grey sofa would look good as so many colours can be twinned with it. I looked enviously at the utility room and tried to imagine my own kitchen being refigured to include one!

In the evening we went out for dinner to Exotic Dining in Kettering with Sue and Paul. Sue and I were supposed to have been going to a Gin Tasting night at The Red Lion in Broughton but it had been postponed so we all decided to go for a meal instead.

It was a horrible night with wind and drizzly rain and we dashed from the car park to the restaurant. It was very busy and as the night wore on it filled up completely so it was good we'd booked a table. We had a look at the extensive menu which included ostrich, duck, venison and goat! I chose scallops to start while my three companions all went for Cinnamon Chilli Fish, which they pronounced delicious but my three scallops were extremely small so I was not that impressed. Luckily we'd munched on poppadoms before the starters!

For a main course I opted for a prawn curry with spinach rice and Sue, Paul and Keith also went for curries and the food was very good. We had a really lovely chat and a laugh and it was great to get out and relax. At the end of the meal we were too stuffed to have desserts so it was back out into the wind and rain for Keith to drive us home. Sue, Paul and I had shared two bottles of wine and as Keith is off the drink this month he had elected to be chauffeur for the night!

No comments: