Thursday 25 February 2016

The long wait...

This evening Sophie and I went out for dinner with my friend Lynda and another old chum called Claire who we hadn't seen for at least two years. We'd arranged to go to The Oriental Paradise in Billing but unfortunately Lynda hadn't booked a table and when Keith dropped us off she was sitting in the foyer area looking very unhappy.

I hadn't told Lynda I was bringing Sophie so I was a bit worried about her reaction but she was fine about my daughter accompanying us. She wasn't fine, though, about the long wait we had for a table as the restaurant was fully booked.

Claire arrived and couldn't get parked in the car park so she had to leave her car in a neighbouring pub's car park. We ordered some drinks and debated about leaving to go to Frank's Hamburger House nearby but after an hour's wait we were finally able to get a table. We'd all been looking forward to a Chinese meal so it was lovely to be able to sit down at last and choose from the menu.

We had a great chat and it was lovely to catch up with Claire and find out what she'd been up to. The last time she'd seen Sophie was when she was very small so she was amazed to see my daughter so grown up!

We had a lovely, if very filling meal, and Keith came back to pick us up at 11pm, by which time the restaurant had emptied out completely and we were the last to go!

No comments: