Monday 15 February 2016

No snow...

Well, the predicted snow never arrived, although it was very frosty indeed and all the paths and roads were white, so maybe we might have had the merest dusting in the early hours of the morning.

Sophie woke up Mikey by mistake as she forgot it was half-term so that didn't go down too well! I took her into university while Keith went for a walk, and after dropping her off I went to get some diesel for my car as Keith was going out tonight with his three mates from the pub for a jaunt into town. Standing and filling up the car was not pleasant and it was lovely to get back home and sit in the warmth of the conservatory to do some work on my counselling course. I made a start on completing my assignment and worked on it for the rest of the morning so I was pleased I'd done that.

I also took a call from John, Keith's friend, who had phoned to tell him he couldn't make their date tonight as his daughter was home to visit. Keith then decided to cancel the pub crawl and stay in so that meant I didn't have to cook dinner...yippeee!

I pottered about the house until it was time to go and collect Sophie and before going home we called into the bank to get Sophie's new card activated. We managed to get five copies of The Herald and Post in Tesco (free) so that certainly pleased my daughter! She can then take some copies into uni for her friends.

Back home we were able to relax with a glass of Prosecco before dinner of spaghetti and then a good drama on television about O.J. Simpson that Sophie was keen to watch because of his link to the Kardashians. I remember he was on the run when Keith and I were in France on holiday, but it certainly doesn't seem like 22 years ago!

No comments: