Tuesday 23 February 2016

A little bump!

Mum and Dad phoned this morning to say they were going back to Market Harborough to visit the carpet showroom we went to last Wednesday, as the price they had received for the carpets was different to the one they had in the beginning, and not in a good direction!

I said that Sophie and I would go with them and they arranged to come over at 10am. When we all got into my car to go I reversed out of our drive a bit too quickly, forgetting that my Dad's white Astra was behind me...and crunch! I hit his car!

It sounded worse than it actually was and after fetching a cloth and wiping off the black paint that had transferred, the damage was nowhere near as bad as I feared, thank goodness. Dad already has a scratch on his rear bumper where a nice person scraped it in a car park and had been intending to go to Chips Away anyway. I might go as well, as my rear bumper has a few marks from where we loaded stuff in the back!

We drove off to Market Harborough and I was dismayed to find the small car park already nearly full. I squeezed into a space but dreaded trying to get out, especially after my little incident earlier!

Unfortunately we didn't have a good experience in the showroom and the service we received was abysmal after the help we had last week. We were all a bit mystified as to why the price had almost doubled and the lady we saw last week was unavailable. The man we spoke to made us all feel very small as he queried the budget my parents had and was most unhelpful. I will not be going to Brookside Carpets in Market Harborough again, and nor will we be recommending them! My parents have a lot to pay out for at the moment so I don't think trying to stick to a budget is unreasonable!

It took me a fair while to get out of the horrible car park (I had to reverse out into the main road in the end) and we drove into Market Harborough to park in our normal place. My Dad treated us all to a coffee in Caffe Nero and then we walked about in the lovely sunshine. Sophie bought some clothes in New Look for her forthcoming Rome trip (in April) and we had a mooch in Accessorize but she didn't see anything she liked. As it was almost lunchtime we decided to head home but before we went we bought some lunch in Tesco. It was great to sit in the conservatory and enjoy lunch in the gorgeous sunshine!

Sophie had an appointment for her nails at 4pm so I drove her there and waited in the car. We were looking forward to a girls' night in tonight as Keith was out at a football match and Mike was at Army Cadets. Sophie and I enjoyed a glass of Prosecco, Chicken Kiev and a rom-com, "How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days" which was very enjoyable!





No comments: