Monday 22 February 2016

Making plans...

This morning Keith and I met my parents at the Lok 'n' Store in Northampton as my Dad wanted to start moving the garage stuff into the new house. We put some shelving in my car and met them at their house after calling into ours to pick up our kettle. Mum and Dad had put on a little lunch for us as they had to be at their new house to see a man about some blinds and curtains.

We were thrilled to see a big red bow on the door of their house and they'd also received a hamper from Redrow which was a lovely touch!



Keith hadn't seen inside the house before so we showed him around and then had something to eat. I took some photos for posterity!

Mum preparing lunch in her new kitchen


The living room
They have a lot of things to organise, including carpets and flooring for the bathrooms, curtains, blinds and wardrobes. It makes me realise how lucky we were when we moved into our house as everything was included, even the turfing of our back garden and a burglar alarm.

We had a lovely lunch and then we left my parents to wait for their man to come out and measure up while we popped to Kettering to get some diesel for my car. Keith is out tonight with his chums from the pub so when we got home I hoovered it out to make it look a little more decent!

I picked Sophie up earlier than usual and we went to Jones's as we needed a few things. I bought Monty a cat bed as he is really too big for the cushions we have and I don't want him sleeping on the pouff that Archie used. After we finished shopping my naughty daughter persuaded me to take her to a nearby McDonald's where she polished off some chicken strips. It was very pleasant sitting in the car park as the weather has been gorgeous today with lots of blue sky and sunshine.

Back home Keith made himself ready for his night out with his mates and drove off without his wallet!

No comments: