Sunday 7 February 2016

Worry, worry!

Today dawned bright and sunny - what a contrast to yesterday!

After taking Sophie to work we popped into Tesco and then it was home for breakfast and a much-needed cup of coffee. I had some paperwork to deal with for Mikey as he has to get his application for sixth form back to school before the end of February. I also ordered him a "Leavers'" sweatshirt - it's hard to believe he finishes school this May!

In the afternoon I went with my parents to have a look at their new house which is almost ready. We had a little wait as the woman showing us around was also accompanying another couple of buyers. We sat in the kitchen of the showhome and I tried to imagine how I could convert my kitchen to something similar.

When Polly came back to take us we had a walk around the estate and saw that several houses were occupied already. Another couple were also about and had met my parents at a recent gathering which I thought was lovely. We didn't have anything like that when we moved into our house!

Mum and Dad's house was beautiful but Mum had forgotten what colours she'd chosen for her kitchen and had a bit of a shock when she walked in. As we'd taken ages some months ago choosing the cabinets and the tiles for the floor I was a bit surprised as well! She was under the impression that she'd chosen granite for the worktops but when she was told how much extra it would cost she rapidly changed her mind!

That aside, they were very pleased with how the house was looking and as soon as the carpets are fitted and everything is completely finished they'll be over the moon. Mum was also surprised about how large the garden was and they have a strip running down the side that will also need looking after. It'll be an ideal chance to get out and meet their new neighbours!

I made them lunch after we'd seen the house and the beautiful sunny weather changed from blue skies to rain and wind. Storm Imogen is due to hit the southern half of the UK tomorrow and as the evening arrived the rain grew heavier and the wind much stronger. Sophie was going out in the evening to a Superbowl night at her university and a friend was picking her up at 10pm to take her in. I was dreading it, to be honest and knew I wouldn't sleep a wink until she came home!

No comments: