Saturday 13 February 2016

Technological arguments...

Today hasn't been the best of days as the weather has been horrible and I haven't done much all day which has made me feel guilty and cross!

Sophie went into work at 9.30am and we had barely arrived back before we had to take Mike into Moulton as well, as he and Heather were going shopping. By the time we eventually returned home and had a late breakfast it was almost midday and we had done nothing!

Keith was off to the football in the afternoon and I was convinced it was going to be postponed but miraculously it was still on! Sophie contacted me via Facebook Messenger and said she felt lousy and there was a chance she could come home early. I suggested Keith collect her at 5pm when his football match finished and then he could pick up Mike as well.

This was too late for Sophie who came back and said she would prefer 3pm, which drove me into a fury as that would mean another trip out for me and then we would need to go back out at 6pm to pick up Mike! To cut a long story short we had a brisk argument via Messenger and she reluctantly agreed to finish at 5pm.

Once my family were all out of the way I had a long luxurious bath and then settled down to watch Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr in An Affair to Remember. I've only ever seen snatches of this film before so it was great to be able to see most of it before Sophie and Keith arrived home. My daughter was in a foul mood so Keith suggested a visit to the pub for the two of us may be a good idea! Mike was being driven home by Heather's parents so we zoomed off to the pub and had a very pleasant hour sitting in the window and slowly getting more relaxed!

There was a beautiful Husky dog in the pub and he had the most vivid ice blue eyes. His owners were standing at the bar and not paying him much attention so I kept smiling at him and trying to get him to come and see me, but he was tied up and not very happy about it. As we left he climbed onto one of the sofas and started trying to burrow his way into them so someone alerted his owners! Sometimes I think dogs can be worse than children!

After dinner this evening we started watching the excellent "Trapped", an Icelandic murder mystery that had snow by the bucketload! I wish we could have some here!

No comments: