Monday 8 February 2016

Storm Imogen

Sophie arrived home at 3.45am this morning and was I glad to see her! Of course, I wasn't asleep and had really only dozed since going to bed! I'm sure that I will need to get used to this as she widens her network of friends and attends more uni functions!

It's been another very blustery day today with strong winds and heavy rain. Keith (mad thing) went for a walk after we dropped Mike off at school and I came home to start my counselling course. I read through three chapters and found the content really interesting. In between reading I loaded the washing machine and the tumble drier and tidied the kitchen. When Keith came home he was covered in mud but felt great after his walk.

Sophie woke up around lunchtime - probably due to the fact that I'd got the hoover out and was busy vacuuming the downstairs carpets. We made some chocolate muffins in the early afternoon and they were delicious and very chocolatey!

In the evening Sophie went to her friend Daisy's house so I gave her a lift and on the way she bought a couple of bottles of wine - one to take and one to enjoy at home later in the week. I shall look forward to it!

I returned home to cobble together a meal from last night's leftovers. We were supposed to be having Macaroni cheese but Sophie forbade us from eating it without her!

No comments: