Monday 21 September 2020

Working things out...

It was back to work today but I certainly didn't feel like I'd had a restful weekend! Thankfully, work wasn't busy and I helped Sara with the emails. Half-way through my shift, I was called in for a quick meeting and told that the contact centre hours were going to change from next week, and we were all expected to work 10am until 4pm - every day in my case.

I was a little dismayed by the news as finishing at 2pm for four days a week is very useful and enables me to get a lot of things done. It would mean leaving home at 9.30am and getting back at 4.30pm, so virtually the whole day would be gone.

Keith picked me up from work, and we went to get Mike who was a little late coming out. While we waited I called the hospital to find out what was happening with my Dad, and whether I needed to take anything in for him, but the nurse looking after him was on a break. Back at home, I called again and spoke to a nurse who didn't seem to have a clue what was happening with him. It was clear he didn't have to have an operation, and she said that he would probably be discharged tomorrow.

Keith and I popped over to Tesco and treated ourselves to a coffee in Costa. I managed to buy some lovely soft trousers for my Mum (she has lost so much weight, none of her trousers fit her anymore) and a top to go with them, as well as a box of chocolates as a treat. On the way to taking them to the care home, she called and sounded very upset so I was able to see her in the garden room for half an hour while Keith waited in the car. It's not ideal, but at least we can have a chat.

I discussed my new hours with Keith and Sophie in the evening, and I said I was going to see Sara tomorrow and ask if I could reduce them, seeing as I still need to do a lot of things for Mum and Dad. We played cards in the conservatory and had a simple pizza, salad and wedges for dinner. It was bliss to relax after a stressful day!



No comments: