Tuesday 8 September 2020

Temperatures rise...

Work was better today because we had Louiza in to take my place answering calls while I concentrated on the emails. Sara is off all this week so I ploughed through them and managed to get the amount down from about 170 to 120, and that was with lots more coming in!

I worked until 4pm and emerged into a warm and humid day. It was showing 25c in the car on the way home! Are we in for an Indian Summer? Mike is now finishing at 2.30pm instead of 3.30pm and we had been hoping that he would be starting later but he still goes in at 6am. We are really keen now for him to start driving lessons and get a car of his own so that Keith doesn't have to get up so early. I do volunteer but he always seems to be awake anyway!

Sophie and I went for a stroll around the estate when she finished work and said hello to a new puppy who lives in the cottages at the front. She was utterly gorgeous and was so excited to see us! It still felt warm and sultry but there was no sign of any storms on the horizon, sadly!

We sat and played cards in the conservatory and I raised the possibility of Keith and I going away for the weekend when Mum and Dad's house sells. I suggested that Sophie's boyfriend stays with her at the house, an idea that went down very well!

Dinner was lovely and possibly even better than yesterday. After we'd eaten we attempted to watch an episode of The Bridge but I almost fell asleep so it was off to bed where I read my latest novel - in paperback form so impossible to read with the light out!






No comments: