Sunday 6 September 2020

A busy Sunday!

I'd had a thought on Friday that this weekend would be a lazy one, but how wrong can I be! Today was very busy and, apart from first thing in the morning, I didn't have a spare minute!

Mike called us at about 9.30am to go and pick him up and when we got home I'd had a message from our neighbour and friend, Paul, who has agreed to keep my Dad's car on his driveway for me. He wanted to pop over at 10.30am, so I hurriedly made breakfast for Keith and I of leftover potatoes, and we gobbled that down before he arrived.

He came around for a chat and after we'd talked about the car we asked him who he bought his kitchen from a few years ago. They'd chosen Howdens as well, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with later this week. He nearly fell over when we told him what we'd been quoted by Magnet yesterday!

Once Paul had gone I sorted all the recycling out in the garage. I'd been left two big bags of pet food pouches the other day and as we were picking up Sophie from Milton Keynes station, we thought it was a good opportunity to take it over. I didn't have as much as last time but it still filled the boot of my car!

When that was finished we took Mike into town and then as soon as we returned home I put a colour on my hair and showered. I had an appointment to see Mum and Dad at 2pm and I needed them to sign some documents for the house, but they also had to be witnessed by an impartial person. Luckily, one of the carers agreed to sign, so that was a huge relief.

I popped to the Co-op before seeing my parents and bought my Mum some chocolates and magazines. However, because we were in the stupid garden room and separated by a thick sheet of plastic, I had to leave the goodies with the receptionist.

My parents arrived and we got the signing out of the way. Luckily I was able to pass the papers under the sheeting! We sat and had a chat but it was obvious my parents aren't happy at all, which made me feel very sad. My Mum had, for some reason, thought that all of us were coming to see them so she was a bit upset. What made it worse was that I thought I could take them both out so I'm confused about the rules in place at the moment?

We chatted for an hour but I'd be wrong if I said I enjoyed meeting them. When it was time to go my Mum started crying, which set me off. Horrible.

I drove to their house to try and find a CD from the builders that the estate agent had mentioned, but after searching in their drawers and cupboards, I couldn't find it. Being in the house made me feel even worse and I will be glad when I don't have to go around there any more.

As soon as I arrived home we were back out again and driving over to Milton Keynes. The traffic on the M1 was busy but we weren't held up and after dropping all the recycling off we made our way to the station. Sophie appeared a few minutes later and it was only then that she told me about a man who had stabbed several people in Birmingham, very close to where they were, last night. They were going to go out for late night cocktails in the area he was in, but thankfully went back to the hotel instead. I had been so busy today I hadn't even seen the news!

We drove to Olney for a drink and went back to the pub we visited on New Year's Day. At the entrance we were instructed to turn around and go to the back of the pub, which was very annoying! Why they couldn't have put the sign further up the road so we'd seen it before getting to the entrance, I'll never know!

We walked into the pub (eventually) and we were told off by a local standing at the bar, because we had walked past them. We had no idea that there was a queue to get drinks and it was the last straw. I said loudly, "Let's find somewhere else!" and we walked out. There's no shortage of choices in the small town!

We tried the Bull Hotel instead but we had to order our drinks on an app and pay for them at the same time. I'm so glad Sophie was with us! Crazy! We sat and chatted and discussed dinner as there was no way Keith was going to cook a roast when we got home! We decided to have a Papa John's pizza so Sophie ordered and we drove over at 7pm to collect it.

The previously lovely day had turned grey and rainy and after eating it was lovely to curl up on the sofa and get cosy. What a busy day!




No comments: