Wednesday 2 September 2020

A long day...

I had a long (for me anyway) day at work and decided to go in a bit earlier to catch up with some invoices that I hadn't been able to process yesterday. I then discovered that two of them were for the Forum cinema in Northallerton so I emailed them back to the film distribution company! Bonus!

As usual we were extremely busy with calls and this is definitely the pattern for the week. A lot of our queries were about swimming lessons and all of us agreed that if we'd just activated a blanket freeze of all of our memberships back in March when lockdown started, it would have saved us an awful lot of trouble now!

Sophie was due to pick me up on her way home from work but she finished at 4.30pm so Keith came to get me instead. It was pouring with rain! This morning I'd had a brief moment of bliss when I ate my breakfast in the sunny garden so the change in the weather was a shock!

Abbie was over for dinner and Keith made a delicious chicken pie. It carried on raining all evening so at least I didn't have to go out and water the garden! After we'd eaten Keith and I watched the new series of All Creatures Great and Small. I am a huge fan of the James Herriot books and read them all when I was younger. The second series is looking good but I do miss Robert Hardy as Siegfried. No doubt I will get used to the new characters and it looks like very pleasant viewing!


No comments: