Tuesday 22 September 2020

Donating a pint.

Before my shift started this morning I had a word with Sara and explained that I would struggle to work 10am until 4pm every day. She was very understanding, and I have reduced my hours to 10am-2pm on Wednesday and Friday, which will give me time to do things and go and visit my parents. 

We had another pleasant shift, and made good progress with the emails, so we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now! I sped off to pick up Mike, dropped him at home and went over to Mum and Dad's house with Keith to spend two hours wrapping all of their pictures in bubble wrap. I am dreading tomorrow when most of their furniture will be going into storage. I have taken Wednesday and Thursday off work, but I'm not sure if it will be enough time!

We finished at about 5pm, and dashed home where I changed, had a quick wash and got ready to give blood with Sophie and Mike. The weather had changed outside, and the lovely sunshine and blue skies had been replaced with dark stormy clouds. 

Keith was going to see Sileby this evening, so it was the perfect chance to cook Jerk Chicken Pasta for dinner. Sophie had smothered the chicken breasts in the Jerk paste this morning, and had done a lot of preparation after she finished work.

We had to wear masks to give blood this time, and all three of us donated without any problems. We were finished at 7.30pm and sped home to put the chicken in the oven and prepare the meal. Keith had kindly put the oven on for us but it was still 8.30pm by the time we had eaten.

I felt very tired this evening, which wasn't surprising! Keith returned home at about 10pm and enjoyed some oven chips I'd cooked for him. I couldn't wait to get into bed... tomorrow will be a trying day!


No comments: