Monday 14 September 2020

Temperatures rising...

 Monday rolls around all too soon, in my opinion! I drove to work by myself because Keith didn't need to go shopping, and I had to pop into town after work to take some documents to the solicitor.

There were three of us working, and it didn't seem as busy as last week, thank goodness! Are things getting a bit better? I don't think I'll be doing any extra hours this week, which was a bit of a relief as I have so much to with preparing for the house sale.

I left at 2pm and drove into town, parking in the small car park opposite the Princess Alexandra pub. The solicitor's office was just around the corner, and I was there for all of five minutes, but it cost me £1! Worth it because when I returned to the car, the traffic wardens were on the prowl!

The temperatures have risen today, and it was 28c outside. Phew! We had talked about having the leftover roasted veggies and new potatoes for dinner this evening, and I was going to get some chipolatas on the way home to add to the mix and make a traybake, but realised I was heading into the school run hour! I called Keith who had just arrived home after getting Mike, and he said he'd cooked the beef we didn't use on Saturday night... he said we could mix it with the vegetables... Yuk!

I said I would come home and we'd discuss what we were going to do. I became embroiled in a massive traffic jam on the Kettering road due to blasted roadworks, which delayed me by about half an hour.

Back home, we agreed that Keith would have the beef in gravy while Sophie, Mike and I would enjoy the traybake leftovers. We waited until 4pm and then popped to Brixworth to buy some sausages, and I was amazed at how warm it was!

Dinner tonight was delicious, and I felt glad that we had used up the leftover food from last night. Halfway through the evening I checked my emails and discovered that the documents I'd taken to the solicitors weren't the ones they needed, so we will have to pay the indemnity insurance. She also wrote to say that the date for completion had been accepted so on the 25th September, that will be it!




No comments: