Sunday 20 September 2020

Total uproar!

It's been yet another gorgeous day today, but predictably, the weather is set to change in the middle of next week when we're set to complete!

Keith and I went over to Mum and Dad's house this morning after a light breakfast. The first thing we did was take the table and chairs back over to our house and put them together. We dismantled our own table, and I washed the chairs ready to put into the conservatory. The seats are fabric and a lot lighter than the ones we have at the moment, so I've told Sophie to put a throw down if Monty sleeps on one of them. His dribble is all over the present chairs, and I don't want a repeat of this!

We headed to the tip with the furniture, and rather than throw them in one of the skips, we were told to put them to one side for recycling and possible re-use, which was a good idea.

Back at home, Sophie had finished most of the prep for our dinner of Thai yellow curry tonight, so she came over to Mum and Dad's house with us. After a lot of effort, swearing, pushing and pulling we managed to get one of the living room sofas into the back of Dad's car, but it was hard work! Keith wanted to take off the feet but didn't have the right tools with him, so we had to literally shove the sofa into the car! 

Sophie and I returned to our house very slowly and carefully, as the sofa was hanging out of the back! Getting it into the conservatory was also fun, but we managed it nonetheless so that was one done! As these sofas are almost brand new, and ours in the conservatory are well past their best, Mum and Dad said we could have what we liked from the house, and it's great that we can put them to good use.

We went back over to the house for a repeat exercise, but this time Keith managed to remove the feet, which made things a lot easier. Both of the houses are now in a complete uproar, and our house is likely to remain that way (and get worse!) for a while.

We spent the afternoon doing all we could and by about 5pm we'd all had enough. Sophie was cooking dinner this evening, so we left her to it, and Keith and I made one last trip over to the house. We left Dad's car there, but I couldn't find my handbag... I couldn't even remember the last time I'd seen it, and it wasn't in Mum and Dad's house or my car. We called Sophie who said it wasn't in her car, or our house so I started to panic. I had gathered up a lot of washing at Mum and Dad's house and left it in the car with the boot open, so I started imagining someone walking by, spotting it and taking it!

Keith and I drove home and I was very worried because my Dad's bank card was in my purse, and I was mentally cancelling all the cards and wondering how I was going to explain to the bank why I had his. At home, we did a thorough search but it was nowhere to be found. We had no choice to go back over to my parents' house and I felt absolutely shattered but I had to find it!

It was Sophie who discovered it hidden under the front seat of my Dad's car because we'd moved it forward when transporting the sofas. The relief was indescribable! 

It was heaven to get home, have a long deep bath and a well-earned drink. Sophie's curry was delicious and a lovely end to a somewhat hectic and exhausting day!

No comments: