Friday 18 September 2020

More bad news...

 We didn't have a quiet end to the week, which is what I was hoping for! The calls carried on all morning but I did get to do some work in between, which was definitely a bonus!

At 1pm (no extra hours this week) I drove over to the post office at Brixworth and posted a dress back to Asos for Sophie. She'd looked lovely in it, but said it made her look "wide". I still think she looked stunning.

At home, Keith and I had a look at the confirmation email from the removals company and then went to get Mike from work. He was very glad that it was Friday and that he gets to have the weekend off. When we returned I paid for the removals and sorted out a re-direction of all Mum and Dad's post so that it comes to us.

I had an appointment to see Mum and Dad at 4pm today but I'd received a call while I was at work to say that my Dad had fallen again last night. At the care home, they said he had been taken to hospital for an x-ray and that he had a suspected fracture. Can you believe it?

I sat with Mum in the garden and she looked worryingly thin. She was dressed beautifully but she was very confused and kept talking about things that happened ages ago. It was not the most pleasant of conversations, and as it was windy, both of us felt quite chilly.

After almost an hour I went home and Sophie returned from work soon afterwards. Keith and Mike walked to the pub in Old this evening, which I was glad about because there are roadworks everywhere in Walgrave and I'd heard it wasn't possible to actually get through the village!



No comments: