Tuesday 29 September 2020

Catching up.

 I tried to make use of the couple of hours before I started work this morning by changing our bedding, but I confess I'm not keen on these new hours! I like to be up and out, and then finish early!

Keith took me into work as Sophie was working from her office today, which meant two trips there and then two trips back in the afternoon. I'm also finding that parking at almost 10am is difficult, so not good! Yes, I know I'm being moany!

In all fairness, Nicola did ask our opinion about the new hours this morning, and we all said that they weren't ideal. Understandably, we can't go back to how it was after just a few days, but the hope is we can revert back in November when all the furloughed staff return to work. Let's keep fingers crossed!

After the first flurry of calls again, we had a very quiet shift with about 150 calls between the five of us! At one point we were handling over 100 calls each during the shift! I did a lot of cinema work, which I find very enjoyable, plus I dealt with some whiney emails!

At 4pm Keith collected me, and I popped to the Co-op at Moulton to buy some food for the collection this evening. At home, I tidied up, sent the proof of sale off to Mum and Dad's home insurance company and then welcomed my ex-neighbour and friend, Sarah around. We had said on the residents' Facebook page that we had some Nespresso pods to give away and she said she could make use of them. It was an ideal excuse to sit and have a good chat as we hadn't seen each other for about a year!

Sophie arrived home looking very glamorous and asked about Hannah, Sarah's daughter, who she used to be good friends with. I can't believe that the children, who were at Primary school together, are now lovely young women!

Keith cooked a delicious curry in the evening and then we watched an hour or so of The Living Daylights starring Timothy Dalton, who was very pleasing on the eye!



No comments: