Tuesday 15 September 2020

Making plans.

 I didn't sleep well last night because I was worried about the house sale - I still find it hard to believe what has happened with my parents this year, and how things have changed so much in such a short time. I will not be looking back on this time with any fondness, that's for sure!

Yesterday we thought that things were getting better but today was manically busy with, at one time, 13 calls in the queue. Sara was swamped with emails, and there were over 200 in the inbox when I left at 2pm. I had managed to help her with two first thing in the morning, but that was it. Lucky Jo is off to Greece tomorrow, but she is worried that the country will be the next on the list for quarantine when she returns. I don't think Sara will be happy if she is off for two weeks on her return!

Keith met me at 2pm and said we had to rush off to my Mum's house because he had arranged a video survey of the house with a removals firm. He dropped me at the house then sped off to get Mike from work. I sorted out the bedroom where Sophie and I had dumped all the bedding, and then cleaned out the fridge while I waited.

Keith returned at 3pm without Mike, who had insisted on being taken home! I was sent a link by the removals firm and then we connected via video so I could show her all the things that needed taking into storage. We did it very quickly, and she said she would send me a quote later in the week. They had a slot free on the 23rd September for removing all the furniture which would work very well for us.

As it was now warm, we headed home where I had a half-hour nap. Sophie had decided to go into work today because she couldn't face working in the warm conservatory!

Dinner tonight was chilli with jacket potatoes, so we had time to play cards in the conservatory where Keith beat me repeatedly! At one point I threw all the cards at him!

After we'd eaten (in the dark now I hasten to add!) we watched University Challenge, and I didn't get even one answer right! Keith answered loads, so he is certainly on a roll this evening!

No comments: