Thursday 10 September 2020

Two quiet days...

It's Wednesday and this week is rushing by as usual! I was up early and seeing Sophie off to the gym before having a leisurely coffee and easing into the day.

Keith hadn't been shopping on Monday like he usually does, so there were problems with finding something tasty for breakfast - there was no bread out and when I retrieved a pack of frozen crumpets from the freezer they were mouldy! In the end I had porridge which was probably better for me!

There was no point hanging around the house so I left for work at about 9.15am and called into the garage at Moulton to buy myself a sandwich (no bread, remember!). It was £3.49!!

Once at work I immersed myself in emails and worked steadily through them until midday when I switched over to doing cinema duties. I couldn't find the email address of one distributor so Sheila took me down to the archives to find Stella's old paperwork which included a list of email contacts. She left me on my own to look through all the paperwork and I swore I could smell Stella's perfume... maybe it was because she had touched all the papers but it did bring it back to me how sad it is that she's no longer with us.

The afternoon passed pleasantly enough although we did have seven calls in the queue with just 15 minutes to go! Luckily we dealt with them all and at 6pm delightedly turned the phones off! I sped home to say hello to Sophie before she went out for a meal with Laura and as Mike was out as well, there was just the two of us for dinner. It was very quiet!

We enjoyed one of Keith's favourites, corned beef and potato pie and watched All Creatures Great and Small. Sophie returned at a reasonable hour so not a late night, thank goodness!

On Thursday we had a lovely quiet start to the day which was fortuitous as there were a load of orders in the inbox which I had left from yesterday. It was great to get things out of the way!

Today has felt noticeably chillier but next week it's set to get hot again!




No comments: