Saturday 1 February 2020

A day of treats!

Today has been a lovely day and just how a Saturday should be! Sophie and I went to get our hair cut this morning at 10am and although I would have liked to have been offered a coffee, it was a pleasant experience. My hair was badly in need of a trim and it also needs a touch up of colour, so looking at myself in the mirror was not fun! However, we came out into the Saturday sunshine looking a bit neater!

Sophie had promised me lunch for my birthday and I decided on Farndon Fields so we went and queued up with lots of other people to sample the delights they have on offer. Sophie, Keith and I are trying to be vegetarian this month so we decided on a halloumi and roasted veg wrap for me, served with salad and coleslaw and three different bowls for Sophie - chunky chips, halloumi fries and a smoky roasted vegetable stew. We're also cutting out alcohol so no glasses of wine for us either!

After we'd eaten we strolled around the farm shop and bought some olives, a gravy sauce for dinner on Sunday night and macaroons. There were so many tempting foods on offer!

From Farndon we drove to Market Harborough as Sophie wanted to visit the charity shops. We went first to The Attic where she picked out a gorgeous lightweight jacket and I found a scarf that matched my coat perfectly. She also found some lovely tops in a couple of the other charity shops in the town, which were a bargain as the average price was about £3. The tops are perfect for work and I can't see why she would need to pay full price in the shops!

Although it's been dry today, it was very windy and to escape the cold we popped into our favourite little cafe for a cup of tea and a slice of cake. This place is a little haven of peace and quiet and it was bliss to sit and enjoy the surroundings for half an hour.

We walked around for a little while longer and then it was home to unwind and prepare dinner which tonight was vegetable curry. Sophie did all the work and stood and cooked it and it was delicious, although I did miss some juicy chicken, if I'm honest!

Keith and I watched Dr No in the evening. The new James Bond film is coming in April and I suggested we watch them all in sequence and then go and see the new one in the cinema. Dr No was very enjoyable - Sean Connery was definitely a dish when he was younger!

No comments: