Sunday 16 February 2020

Here comes the sun!

We all had a very lazy morning and outside the weather was still horrible. I think our region escaped lightly from Storm Dennis but the western side of the country was much more badly affected with flooding in South Wales.

I finished my 2012 blog and have sent it off to be made into a book. I can't wait to see it! Hopefully, it will look a bit more professional than the last one! It will be so lovely to have it as a keepsake to pass down to other generations! I wish my ancestors were able to do that!

We collected Mum from her house at about 1pm and went over to the hospital to see Dad. He was still a little confused but did look a lot better and he wasn't so pale. We stayed for a little while and then Sophie and I went downstairs to have a coffee. There is so little room by his bed!

After we'd gone back up and had another chat we took Mum to Beckworth Emporium for a much-needed break. When we arrived the sun had come out and the sky was blue and what a difference it made to my mood! I felt so much happier!

Mum wanted a glass of Prosecco (and who can blame her?) while Sophie and I had cold drinks and shared a savoury scone. We didn't want to make the same mistake we made yesterday when we were too full for dinner! Sophie had spent a good part of the morning preparing a sausage casserole for dinner and we were both looking forward to eating it!

After we'd eaten we mooched about but none of us were in the mood to look at the outdoor plants just yet. Apparently more wet and windy weather is on its way!

After dropping Mum off we returned home and relaxed. The casserole was in the oven cooking slowly and Keith helped Sophie put the finishing touches to the meal. It was, as predicted, delicious!

No comments: