Wednesday 12 February 2020

Getting things done!

ET was booked in for a service this morning so I took Sophie to work at 8am and then drove back over to Kettering to meet Keith. Today was the first time I had driven on the southbound stretch of the new A43 and it was really weird seeing it from a different perspective!

It's been another gorgeous day today but the sun made driving quite difficult, especially as my windows had water marks on them. I collected Keith from near B&Q, where he had managed to walk to after dropping off ET, and we popped to Tesco for some breakfast and coffee. Without really thinking I ordered myself a sausage bap from Costa... oops! I have realised, though, that I will never be a vegetarian, it's just not for me!

Keith and I shopped for tonight and decided on a hearty chicken curry for dinner. Sophie agreed and said she would pick out the meat and just eat the vegetables!

Back home I swept the front of the house as there were loads of willow tree branches all over the road and in the garden from the storm of last weekend. It all looked so much tidier when I'd finished!

I decided to take my car through the carwash and texted Sophie to see if she wanted to come with me. She said she'd love to so I quickly drove to pick her up from work and we went to Morrisons in town. After finally managing to find my way into the carwash we put it through so it was enormously cleaner at the other end! I dropped Sophie back off, went home to finish the car off with a cloth and then managed to put the hoover around before going back to Kettering to collect ET. The cost was £240, a bit more than we had been expecting, to be honest! However, it's all serviced, has new tyres and been MOT'd do that should be it for a while!

I went to get Soph from work and back home we relaxed before our chicken curry dinner. It was delicious!

No comments: