Friday 14 February 2020

Feeling a bit miserable...

I didn't have a very good night's sleep and I made the decision to call Sara early in the morning and take a day's holiday. Another staff member was covering my shift anyway as I was supposed to be training with Sheila. I felt terrible this morning - really tired and very sad about what had happened to my dad yesterday. I tried to go back to sleep but my head was full of worries so I got up and called mum who hadn't slept well either.

I arranged to pick her up at about 9.30am and take her shopping. My dad was due to have an operation today and we didn't know what time he'd be going down to the theatre. After a shower I felt a bit better and went to get mum. Luckily the weather was gorgeous and after popping to the pharmacy so she could pick up her prescription, we drove to Tesco where she shopped for the weekend.

Afterwards we had a coffee and I called the hospital who said my dad was comfortable but that he hadn't gone down to the theatre yet for his operation. She said to call again at 1pm when we could visit.

I took mum back and then went home to pootle about for a while. Mike was spending the weekend at Abbie's (and of course, it's Valentine's Day today) so we dropped him off in town. Before going back to collect Mum and go to the hospital, I made myself a quick sandwich and put some make-up on as I had a red face for some reason! I think it was the wind the other day!

When I arrived at mum's a neighbour was sitting having a coffee with her, which was great. She lives across the road and I was glad mum could have someone to talk to. After a chat we left to go to the hospital but when we arrived on the ward, dad had gone down to have his operation. We left his bag and went and had a coffee in the hospital's Costa. Outside the weather had deteriorated and the sky was covered in cloud. I took mum home, made sure she was OK and then left.

This evening Sophie made me a large bourbon with a mixer and we relaxed. She hardly drank her drink so she drove down to get Keith and we had soup and crusty bread for dinner. I felt shattered after today and I was looking forward to a lie-in tomorrow morning!


No comments: