Tuesday 25 February 2020

New tasks!

I wasn't carrying out my usual job today at work - instead I was shown how to put films onto our system which I found very enjoyable. I was still in my usual office so I could hear the others answering the phones but I didn't have to, which was a bit of a relief after the busy time we've had lately!

The time absolutely flew and when I left at 2pm to go and meet Keith, the weather had changed from dry, bright and sunny to overcast with hail showers. I was pelted when I ran to the car park! We drove home, I quickly changed and then drove to Kettering hospital to see Mum. The car parks were so busy I had to park on the roof of the multi-storey, which wasn't as bad as I had feared!

Dad seemed OK and I finally got to have a word with one of the nurses who said they were waiting for the community physiotherapy team to assess him so he could go home. They were hoping it would be towards the end of the week or the weekend, but I said we had a chair/bed arranged which they were happy about.

Mum and I stayed for a while and then I took her to the Co-op to get some shopping. I realised it's Shrove Tuesday today so I bought a lemon and some raspberries to enjoy with a pancake tonight!

Dinner this evening was a simple quiche with new potatoes and then we enjoyed some pancakes that Keith had already made and had kept warm in the oven. Delicious!

No comments: