Friday 21 February 2020

Phew! It's Friday at last!

This week has been hard work and I am so glad I don't work full-time! Poor Keith, who normally has a Friday off, had to drive me into work as he was picking Mum up again at 1pm.

Thankfully, today was an easy, pleasant day at work without any silly phone calls (although I did speak to a lovely lady from Kent who was looking for hotels near one of our centres!) and it was great to escape at 2pm and go home to change out of my work clothes.

I called Mum to say I was going to pick her up at 3pm and she said that my Dad was a lot better and nowhere near as confused as he had been... are we turning a corner? I picked her up from the hospital and we went and collected her prescription from the chemist at Mawsley and then drove to Tesco at Kettering where she did a shop to last her over the weekend. While she was shopping I sat and enjoyed a decaffeinated Flat White and I treated her to a coffee and a chocolate when she finished.

The weather has been grey and dismal today with a stiff breeze so I don't think Spring has sprung just yet! After I dropped her off I drove home the scenic route and I relished the ten minutes of peace on the journey. It was lovely and the sky was beautiful!

This evening I went out with Lynda, Fiona and Andrea and we chose Miller and Carter for a meal. Sophie and Keith gave me a lift and I arrived just after Fiona who was at the bar ordering a Gin and Tonic. We had a chat and then Lynda arrived looking very glamorous. Andrea appeared shortly afterwards and we all had a good catch up until our table was ready.

I was hungry so we ordered starters - I enjoyed Chipotle chicken bites while the others went for calamari and prawns. After the starters we were given iceberg lettuce wedges with our choice of dressings and I wolfed mine down as it was so delicious! As a treat we'd decided to go for the 16oz Chateaubriand (for two) and this was served as a whole steak alongside seasoned fries, salad and a slice of onion loaf. We cut the steak and I shared mine with Lynda.

It was a lovely evening but an expensive one - the bill came to about £223 so £60 each to include a tip, which was fine as our waitress had been lovely. We had two bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon with the meal but no desserts - the others had coffees and I had a chamomile tea.

Keith and Sophie returned to pick me up and as soon as we arrived home it was off to bed!

No comments: