Thursday 20 February 2020

A long day!

Yesterday felt like a Thursday so it was a shock to wake up this morning and find it was really Thursday! Keith drove me to work and I was facing a long shift until 4pm. Groan! I was also training a potential new member of staff, which I wasn't looking forward to!

I managed to get a lot of admin work done before 9am when she arrived and at first I wasn't impressed. She was a lovely girl but I felt she wasn't that interested in what we do. However, as the morning wore on she became a bit more lively so maybe she was tired...she is a student after all!

Today was hard work, though, and I was very glad when it was 4pm and I could go and get Mum from hospital. She was quite upset as Dad had been very confused and a bit sharp with her and we wondered what on earth had happened to make him like this. They had moved him to another ward so maybe that was the reason?

It was past 5pm again when we got home and my normal routine has gone out of the window this week. We had a lovely dinner, though, and Keith prepared quiche, salad and crushed new potatoes. I also enjoyed a Bourbon with ginger ale...delicious!




No comments: