Monday 10 February 2020

Monday rolls around!

Keith took me into work this morning and popped to Tesco to get food for tonight and tomorrow. He is off to see Sileby play tomorrow (weather permitting) and normally we would have indulged in Jerk Chicken pasta and Tequila but we're being good so it's veggie escalopes instead!

I stayed at work until 3pm, as I was training a colleague on how to do the box office returns at the weekend. She looked a bit overwhelmed by it all, especially as the work is so different to what we normally do. I said I would be about on Saturday to help but I don't think that one run through is anywhere near enough to show her, even though I did type up a cheat sheet with step-by-step instructions.

Keith met me at 3pm and we called Mike to see if he wanted a lift home before we went too far. He was ready to come home so we went to get him and the battled through the school run traffic to get home. I skipped a walk today as it was rainy and gloomy and sat and watched the end of The Favourite instead with a cup of tea and a slice of Sophie's cake. It was a strange film, to say the least but I did think Olivia Colman was very good in it!

I wasn't looking forward to dinner tonight but it was delicious and I enjoyed a couple of veggie sausages with the bubble and squeak. I was pleasantly surprised!

No comments: