Tuesday 18 February 2020

Traffic trauma

Keith dropped me off at work again this morning and said he would take mum to the hospital this afternoon. Joanne and I had another manic day with hundreds of calls again. I'm sure it wasn't this busy last February half-term!

I'd said to Mum I would pick her up a bit later today because she didn't have a great deal of time with Dad yesterday. On the way home we saw two police cars go screaming up the A43, followed by another police car and a paramedic. I looked at Google maps and saw that the stretch of road after the Holcot roundabout was at a standstill so it looked like there'd been an accident.

At home I pottered about and did some jobs and we picked Mum up at about 4.30pm. Unfortunately there had been a bad accident on the A43 and it was closed between Hannington and the Holcot roundabout (we later found out that three people in a car had died).

It took Sophie half an hour to go the distance between the roundabout and Holcot and she didn't arrive home until 6pm. Normally I would have looked forward to Wednesday off work but I'm in covering a colleague for three hours tomorrow. I'm just hoping it won't be as busy!




No comments: