Monday 17 February 2020

A mad day!

Keith took me into work today as he was dropping Mum off at the hospital this afternoon. There were only two of us manning the phones and it was a mad, mad day with non-stop phone calls. I was so relieved I didn't have to do the box office returns as I would never have coped! Luckily, Sheila was training another member of staff to do them so there are more of us capable of doing the job. Most of the calls were about swimming times and parents trying to enrol their children onto our crash courses which started today!

At 2pm Keith picked me up and and we went to get Mum from the hospital. My Dad didn't seem as confused as he was over the weekend so that was a bit of a relief. We took her back and I managed to get some things done at home.

This morning was dry and sunny but the heavens opened in the afternoon. I hardly think a day has gone by lately without any rain and the fields around us are flooded, with the excess water running out onto the roads. Roll on warmer Spring days and sunshine!


No comments: