Saturday 29 February 2020

A bonus day!

After a wet and windy start, today has been beautiful, but very cold. It has been windy but the weather hasn't affected us too much, thank goodness!

Sophie and Laura were off to Birmingham today as they had originally booked to go and see Lana Del Rey, but because of illness she had cancelled her UK and European tour. As Sophie and Laura had booked the hotel and train tickets, and they were non-refundable, they had decided to go anyway.

We picked up Laura and dropped them both off at the train station. From Northampton we headed to Riverside as I hadn't any bird food left and I felt like I had been neglecting our poor little feathered friends just lately. It's because we don't sit in the conservatory on the computer any more and we miss what's going on out there! I stocked up with fat snax and dried insects and we drove to see Mum and Dad and find out how their night had been.

My Dad was asleep when we arrived and he still looked very pale and thin. Mum said he'd slept on the sofa, which annoyed me as the bed was perfect for him when fully reclined. I had a stern word with him because if he falls over again I've said I'm going to emigrate!

Back home I decided to sort out all of the annoying little bowls and drawers that we have, that are full of clutter and rubbish. Why we keep some things, I'll never know!

No comments: