Sunday 2 February 2020

Last minute decision...

I had no plans for today and after breakfast Sophie suggested we go to Milton Keynes to do some shopping. I had a voucher to spend in M&S, as well as some Christmas money from Keith, so I agreed.

By the time we arrived it was lunchtime so we went to M&S and enjoyed a coffee and a sandwich. After we'd eaten Sophie bought herself a really pretty bra and then we had a look around the housewares section but I didn't see anything I liked. We still haven't bought a mirror or a cabinet for the bathroom so we left and wandered up to John Lewis to see if they had anything I liked the look of.

I don't think either of us were really in the mood for shopping today as nothing caught my eye in John Lewis, and I was astounded at how many things were available to buy. I dread to think how much of their money is tied up in stock!

Both of us are coming around to the idea of shopping in second-hand stores or splashing out on "experiences" (days out, meals, etc) rather than buying for the sake of buying. With the money that Keith gave me for Christmas I might treat myself to a beauty treatment or an afternoon tea as a treat.

Before heading home we popped into M&S again and I bought some healthy salads for lunch at work next week and a bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling wine to enjoy this evening.

The journey back was fine and we called to see Mum and Dad for a cup of tea and some lovely biscuits. After a good chat we drove home via the scenic route and then it was time to relax and enjoy the fizz while Keith cooked veggie Toad in the Hole!

We sat and watched the BAFTAs tonight and Keith and I were both delighted that 1917 won so many awards!

No comments: