Monday 24 February 2020

Getting things sorted...

I had a tearful phone call from Mum on my way to work first thing to say that my Dad was sounding confused again, but there was very little I could do as I was about to start work at 8am. I suggested to Mum that she call the hospital and speak to the nurses and said that I would see her this afternoon and that I'd go with her to see him tomorrow.

Thankfully work today was a lot quieter than last Monday! The children have gone back to school!

At 2pm Keith picked me up and we went to post a parcel for Sophie before heading back to Moulton Park to visit our ex-neighbour who sells and rents mobility chairs. Keith had popped to see him earlier and told him about Dad coming home from hospital, and needing somewhere to sit and sleep, and he had the perfect reclining chair.

His premises are based in our old car park and the place was rammed even though most of the children had probably gone back to school, and I noticed that our trees had had their branches lopped so there was a big stack of wood on the grass verge. I should think with the recent winds, this was very sensible!

We left Moulton Park and drove straight to Kettering hospital to collect Mum who said that Dad was slightly better. I said I would go in and see him tomorrow and find out what was happening with him coming home as both of us need to know what we need to get in place. We are both a bit fed up with trekking into hospital every day now!

Masterchef started again this evening... yippee!


No comments: