Wednesday 19 February 2020

A busy day!

I was back in at work this morning which was a shock! I drove myself as I had an appointment for an ECG at midday and I finished work at 11am. It was manic as usual and I felt a little guilty when I walked out but I've agreed to work an extra hour tomorrow to cover someone who is off sick.

The weather today has been horrible - grey and rainy - so I'm sure all the centres are busy and our soft play place extra busy! I heard the other day that 360 Play at Rushden Lakes has had to close all week because of the recent storms... they must be devastated as this February half-term week was always the busiest of the year for us!

The ECG was fine and was over very quickly. The nurse also did my blood tests so that means I don't have to go next Wednesday. I left the surgery, went home to change out of my work clothes and then drove to collect Mum and go to the hospital with her. My Dad seemed a lot better and we had a chat and a laugh with him although he was still speaking very quietly. We stayed for almost two hours and I went to get him a coffee from Costa which he really appreciated!

On the way home I called Keith and asked whether Mike wanted a lift into town because he was going to stay with Abbie. He is off to London at the weekend to see Lana del Rey at the O2 and will probably stay for a while with her. Keith said that Mike wanted the lift so we drove home and thankfully he wasn't too long getting ready to go! I dropped him off in town and then drove to the  Weston Favell Centre as both Mum and I needed to go to the bank and the post office.

We did our jobs and Mum bought a birthday card for my uncle who lives in Cyprus. She treated me to a Flat White in Costa and then I took her home. It was 5pm! Where on earth has today gone?!

Back home (Sophie had beaten me to it) we decided to go and have a meal at The Royal Oak as all of us were a little fed-up and weary. I didn't want to drive too far and our local was the perfect choice! We have a very relaxed evening and Sophie and I shared a bottle of wine that went very well with our cod and chips!

We had dessert and then it was home, into pyjamas and a curl up on the sofa. Bliss!


No comments: