Sunday 1 March 2020

Just pottering!

Keith and I popped to Tesco this morning and I took a load of plastic bags to recycle in the store. It's surprising how they mount up so quickly!

On the way home we called to see Mum and Dad who seemed a little better today, thank goodness, but I could tell Mum was finding it hard to be cooped up in the house. It's a shame the weather is so cold at the moment - although it's sunny and dry (at the moment), the wind is freezing!

Back home I hoovered Sophie's car and then gave it a good wash as it badly needed it. I was tempted to do mine as well because it's filthy, but looking at the forecast I could see it was going to rain this afternoon so I left it and went back into the house to get warm!

Sophie let me know she was at the Kitty Cafe in Birmingham and said that after they'd visited they were going to leave to come home. Laura's mum had very kindly offered to drive her home so we didn't have to go and fetch her from the station. I had a long soak in the bath to celebrate!

Sophie arrived home at about 4pm and we relaxed and listened to what she'd got up to over the weekend... cocktails featured a lot in her tales!

Relaxing with Monty


Keith cooked dinner this evening - roast beef with all the trimmings and Sophie and I shared a bottle of red wine which was delicious. After we'd eaten Keith and I settled down to watch "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" with George Lazenby. I didn't think I'd seen it before but I must have as I remembered lots of scenes from the film, the saddest being the end when Diana Rigg cops it! We didn't watch all of it as it was over two hours long and it's back to work tomorrow!

No comments: