Saturday 31 August 2019

Domestic bliss!

I woke up at about 6am this morning but made myself go back to sleep for a couple of hours! I then woke up again at just before 8am after dreaming of meeting the devil in a water tower! Hmmm!

It was lovely to have a cup of coffee and ease myself into the day. I even managed to eat breakfast in the garden, although it was a bit chilly (I'd never admit that to Keith who said it was cold outside!).

Sophie was going out with Daisy and Laura today so that gave me the opportunity to give the downstairs of the house a good clean. I cleaned the living room windows and pulled all the furniture out and discovered spider city on the ceiling! I even took down the lampshades and gave them a good wash so when I finally finished everything  at about 3pm I felt very happy with what I'd achieved. It was long overdue!

I was also able to get the washing out on the line as today has been mostly dry, breezy and sunny. Everything smells so much better after it's been dried on the line in the sunshine! The poor plants in the garden had suffered, though, as it has been dry lately so I gave them a good drink.

After lounging in the bath and then watching The Father of the Bride for half an hour I had a nap downstairs and continued to potter about. Outside, it had become sunny again which was a bonus. Today is the last day of the meteorological summer so it's always good to have some sun and warm temperatures.

It's Autumn tomorrow!


No comments: