Thursday 22 August 2019

A long day...

I didn't sleep very well last night as I was worried about my Mum who has to go into hospital for a knee operation. I just hope it's not when we go to Mallorca! I was awake from about 4 am so by 5am I decided to get up and have a coffee!

I was facing a long shift today - 8am until 5pm - to help Sara as she was short-staffed. Thankfully, it was a much better day at work and the phones weren't that busy. I felt absolutely shattered though, and couldn't wait for Keith to pick me up at 5pm. The assessor had been out to look at Sophie's car and he had brought it with him as it wouldn't have been a good idea to drive mine until we can get two new front tyres.

We sped down to pick Sophie up and when we got home I had a lovely bath. Today has been muggy and overcast and we decided to go to The Royal Oak for dinner. Mike went off to stay with Abbie on Wednesday night and was still there so cooking paella for the three of us was a bit silly!

Sophie drove us and we had a drink while looking at the menu. Keith and I really fancied fish and chips and Sophie chose the burger as she had enjoyed it so much the last time we ate here. Mine and Keith's meals were delicious (the fish was beautifully cooked) but Sophie was disappointed with her burger and said the mustard sauce was too heavy and dominated the meal. She and Keith shared an apple crumble for dessert while I indulged in a Sherry trifle. It was delicious!

As soon as we got home I went to bed, as I was shattered! It had been a long day!

No comments: